Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New year, new energy


I love the Christmas Season for many reasons (not the least of which is "the reason for the season"!) I'm unashamed and unapologetic of the fact that I celebrate my Lord's birthday. However, that is not the reason for this post and it's probably the most "religion" you'll hear from me in this public forum.

Instead, I just think the timing of the Christmas season and the New Year's Day holiday and even Thanksgiving is fortuitous. It's a long holiday season. Love that bit. Lots of time for reflection and time off from work and all that. It's a very "positive" season what with all the gratefulness and the giving of gifts and the time with family and the making of resolutions and so forth.

All of these factors serve to make me feel rested and renewed. In turn, I feel ready to take on new projects and tackle old ones from different angles and find new perspectives for old problems.

The world looks different, brighter, friendlier and more exciting - all at the same time. To that end, I saw the above list of New Year's "Resolutions" yesterday. It sums up all mine very nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment