Friday, April 15, 2016

Waiting for tennis, thinking about connecting the dots

I was reading back over my post yesterday. It was hurried and it fails to make the point I was trying to make. But it made a couple of other good points, so I'm not going to mess with it.

Going back to the subject of context, I'll repeat that I don't expect to find a profound meaning by connecting the dots between the random things that happen to me. (I'm not ruling that out either, though!) Instead, my point is that by seeing patterns and themes in the random things that happen to us, we can learn things. We can learn things about ourselves. We can learn things about our world. We can learn things about each other.

That's what I meant when I said, "finding meaning where there is none."

And in the words of Forest Gump, "that's all I have to say about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment