Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Little Black Dress

I failed this wine on so many levels. It deserved better than I gave it. It was a very traditional tasting Merlot. Just like every other above average-to-very good Merlot that I've ever tasted (dozens I'm sure), it went down smooth and had the perfect little spicy finish. My nose kept going back to the plastic camp glass I poured it in to enjoy its perfect merlot-ness.

But alas, I opened it at the very end of the last evening of the camping trip. I managed to save the bottle but not its contents. It was unceremoniously emptied next to our campsite when we packed up to leave. It hurt to do it.

The other way in which I failed this lovely wine, is all in its name. This wine totally deserved a party or a dance or at the very least a girls' night out. All it got was a campfire and canvas.

This was also the evening of the campout when I discovered that with the campground's wireless and the Scrabble app on my iPod I could keep up with the 4-6 or so online Scrabble games that I have going at any point in time! I lose most Scrabble games because I can't bear to give up on a challenge. Once an opponent beats me, I must keep playing until I find a strategy (and the right luck) to beat them. This can take many, many games.

So. Kenny, Sandy, Lori, Michael and Jane can thank Steve Jobs and Mammoth Mountain RV Park and my "Little Black Dress" for the moves I put on them that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment